"Do now, do now, what you will wish to have done when your moment comes to die." [St. Angela Merici]

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

A Challenge



By Micky Wolf

I recently read an (Christian) article which offered some good insight for living a more loving life.

One problem.

There were so many “I” words it seemed “I” was the focus rather than “you, us, we” and so forth. Or God, for that matter.

You get the idea.

Yes, there are occasions when “I” is not only helpful but necessary.

At the same time, maybe all of us (Christians) need to take a moment to reflect on how we communicate or are present with others. If the source and summit of the way we behave is mostly about “me, my thoughts and my feelings” where does that leave the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit?

So, here’s the challenge. For one day, let’s notice how many times we start to say “I”, or inject it somewhere in a thought or sentence. And then let’s make the choice to let go of it.

We might be surprised with what we see, hear, or learn. About God. His desires. His will. His ways. His Love. Or the person next to us.


No comments:

Post a Comment