"Do now, do now, what you will wish to have done when your moment comes to die." [St. Angela Merici]

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Twenty-Six Ways to Smile Your Way through the Day


By Micky Wolf

It began with a smile. Too hard to resist. A clear plastic bag containing a half-pound of small pretzels (mid-day snacks for yours truly) in the shape of letters. Into the cart it went with the rest of our items.

A couple hours later my beloved walked into my study where I was busy typing. He put the bag on the desk. And smiled.

“Hmm…letters for the writer.”

Made me smile.

“So, what would you spell with them?” I asked. “And you can eat your words when you’re finished.”

He smiled. Took the bag and returned a few minutes later. Minus a few of the crunchy snacks.

Who would have thought something as simple as alphabet pretzels could brighten our day. Then again, maybe it just doesn’t take much to amuse the two of us.

On the other hand, I’m inclined to believe it’s the handiwork of the Divine. Manifesting in the simple. Writing outside the lines.

And smiling all the while. 





No comments:

Post a Comment